The 2017 International Conference on Arctic Science: Bringing Knowledge to Action
April 24-27, 2017 Reston, Virginia
The following provides guidance on the format and delivery method of talks for all of the Conference sessions:
- Unless otherwise stated, all oral presentations are 15 minutes long; with 12 minutes for the actual talk and 3 minutes for questions and answers.
- All talks should be in PowerPoint format (either PC or Mac versions will be fine).
- Please try to keep the size of your presentation to less than 25MB.
- Please name your saved PowerPoint presentation in the following format:
- Label with surname in CAPS followed by a comma and a first letter of given name.
Example: A talk by Tom Armstrong would be saved as ARMSTRONG,T
- Add the session number to the end of the label.
Example: Tom Armstrong is speaking in Session 1.2A and is the second talk; thus, the label would now be: ARMSTRONG,T1.2A.2
- Please send your talk to the following email address:
- If you are not successful in emailing your presentation, do not worry! Simply bring your presentation on a USB stick to the Conference registration where it will be uploaded by staff (please label the talk as described above).
Short Oral Presentations
- Several sessions have included what are being called “Oral Posters”; these are a set of 5 short oral presentations (3 minutes) given in sequence.
- The Oral Poster talks may include short PowerPoint presentations. We highly recommend no more than 3 slides
- All Oral Poster talks should follow the same labeling as the standard oral presentations, and should also be emailed to: [email protected].
- Posters will be displayed throughout the entire duration of the Conference in a dedicated room.
- Each author will have one side of an 8 feet long by 4 feet high poster board to display poster material they bring.
- Poster can be tacked onto the poster boards; tacks will be made available.
- Posters should be placed either Monday night prior to the Ice-Breaker party or Tuesday Morning prior to the start of the plenary sessions.
- Each presentation has a specific board to use; you will receive a poster board number when you check in at the registration desk and receive your registration and Conference information. Please find the same numbered poster board in the poster room for setting up your material.
- All poster material should be displayed throughout the duration of the Conference. Materials may be removed after noon on Thursday the 27th.
- Presenters should be available during the Ice-Breaker on Monday evening (April 24th), during the Tuesday night cocktail event (April 25th) and during the various breaks throughout the Conference (at author’s discretion).